سوالات زبان انگلیسی سال سوم (درک مطلب جمله)درس یک
با توجه به مفهوم جملات، گزینه صحیح را انتخاب کنید
1. The researchers wanted to know how families would behave if they did not watch TV programs. “THEY” refers to ………
a. researchers b. families c. programs d. people
2. Your average was very low last year. Try to improve it. These sentences say ………………
a. your average is better this year
b. you were a good student last year
c. you didn't study hard before
d. you were studying well last year
3. Finally the families wanted to have a television back in their home. It means that the families…………….
a. wanted to have TV at the back of their homes
b. They didn’t like have TV in their home
c. wanted to come back to their houses with TV
d. wanted to have TV in their homes again
4. In some countries there are as many as forty TV channels. In these countries people ………..
a. have to watch certain programs
b. can watch different programs
c. require(need) many more TV channels
d. have only a few TV channels
5. At the end of the experiment, most of the families said that in future they would watch only certain programs, and not allow their live to be influenced by TV.
a. we should watch TV all the time
b. we should watch TV in future
c. TV doesn’t have any effects on people’s lives
d. our lives shouldn’t be effected by TV programs
6. In some countries there are as many as forty TV channels, so in these countries, people ………..
a. have a wide choice
b. can’t watch different programs
c. must watch all TV programs
d. can watch only a few TV channels
7. For families with children a big problem is getting the children away from the television to do their homework.
This sentence tells us that …………… (prefer ترجیح دادن)
a. children are not interested in watching TV
b. children prefer doing their homework to watching TV
c. families like to do their children’s homework
d. watching TV stops children from doing their homework
8. In some countries there are as many as forty TV channels, so in these countries, people ………..
a. can watch only a few TV channels
b. can’t choose different channels to watch
c. have to watch all the TV programs
d. have a lot of choices to choose from
9. Javad! The train leaves in two hours. Why don’t you sit down and relax?
These sentences tell us that Javad ………………………
a. has enough time b. has a little time
c. has little time d. has no time
10. Four of the forty-four families found that the family life simply couldn’t continue without TV, and they left the experiment. This sentence means that ……………..
a. it was possible for all families to continue the experiment
b. all families left the experiment
c. it was easy for all families to live without TV
d. some families couldn’t live without TV
11. There are a lot of interesting places in Isfahan for tourists to visit. It means that ………….
a. many tourists are from Isfahan
b. tourists have a wide choice in Isfahan
c. tourists are forbidden to visit Isfahan
d. tourists are interesting people
12. In some countries, people can choose between as many as forty different TV channels, so in these countries, people ………….
a. can't watch different TV programs
b. have a wide choice
c. must watch all TV programs
d. can watch just a few TV channels
13. Dinner times were more relaxed without the pressure of TV. According to this sentence , without TV, families were more relaxed ………………….
a. after eating dinner b. before dinner time
c. while eating dinner d. until dinner time
14. There are a lot of theaters and cinemas in Tehran. Therefore, people …………….
a. have got plenty of time b. are quite relaxed
c. don't have many choices d. have a wide choice
15. Without watching TV, some children had nothing to talk about at school. Several mothers had less to talk about with their young children at home.
According to these sentences, mothers and children had …
a. different problems b. similar problems
c. many things to talk at home d. nothing to talk at school
16. At the end of the experiment, most of the families said that in future they would watch only certain programs, and not allow their live to be influenced by TV.
This sentence means that families decided………………
a. not to watch TV programs at all
b. to let TV influence their lives
c. to watch only some TV programs
d. to do certain experiments in future
1. b. families
2. c. you didn't study hard before
3. d. wanted to have TV in their homes again
4. b. can watch different programs
5. d. our lives shouldn’t be effected by TV programs
6. a. have a wide choice
7. d. watching TV stops children from doing their homework 8. d. have a lot of choices to choose from
9. a. has enough time
10. d. some families couldn’t live without TV
11. b. tourists have a wide choice in Isfahan
12. b. have a wide choice
13. c. while eating dinner
14. d. have a wide choice
15. b. similar problems
16. c. to watch only some TV programs